a new concept for year-round comfort, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer
Keep cool in summer?
The SGG PLANITHERM 4S glass is combined with our solar control roof glass products to create high performance conservatory roof glass with outstanding thermal efficiency.
However, when purchasing a conservatory, many people choose solar control glass for the roof, but do not consider it for the sidewalls. In south or west facing conservatories in particular, the amount of heat build up can make the conservatory uncomfortable, even when solar control glazing has been used overhead.
When used alone in conservatory side walls, SGG PLANITHERM 4S:
- Provides excellent levels of solar protection for conservatory side walls, reducing unwanted heat by more than 57%
- Has an attractive neutral appearance giving you a clear view of your surroundings
Keep warm in winter?
SGG PLANITHERM 4S conservatory wall glass:
- Provides unbeatable thermal insulation, reflecting heat back into the room and reducing heat loss more effectively than traditional low-emissivity glass products
- 63% less heat loss compared to ordinary double-glazing
- Has market leading thermal efficiency (a U-value of 1.0W/m2K), far exceeding all current available products
- Increases energy efficiency by retaining more heat in the room
- Reduces your heating bills
- Reduces the environmental impact of excess energy production
- Reduces cold spots and draughts
- Maximises the amount of natural daylight coming into your home, especially important during the darker winter months
- Virtually eliminates internal condensation