Choosing the Right Glass
Your choice of glass for the roof and vertical glazing will have a major impact on the overall feel and comfort of your conservatory. Choosing the right glass is perhaps one of the most important decisions that you will need to make, but it needn't be a tough one. The following comparison chart is designed to help you choose the perfect combination of SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS products that will enable your new conservatory to exactly match your specific criteria.
Benefits of glass over polycarbonate roof panels:
- A glass roof dramatically improves the vision area from within, opening up more views, allowing in more natural light and instantly giving any conservatory a wow factor
- A dramatic reduction in the noise of falling rain with a glass roof
- Each of the four tint options has a character to suit your own
- Stays clean and mould free for clearer views
- Better thermal insulation (when combined with SGG PLANITHERM 4S) compared to 25mm polycarbonate
- U-value - measures internal heat loss. The lower the number, the greater the insulation
- W/mK - is the measure in Watts of heat lost per square metre per degree in temperature (Kelvin).
- Self-cleaning glass - glass with a photocatalytic and hydrophilic coating which harnesses both light and water to break down organic dirt and adherence of mineral material.
- Solar heat - sun's radiant heat in light which is transmitted through or reflected by glass.
- Light Transmission - the proportion of the visible light spectrum which is transmitted through the glass.